What Is Mind Your Health Centre?
Welcome! Based in Heidelberg, Mind Your Health Centre was established by Breeanna Cross, aregistered and experienced Psychologist in 2016. The Mind Your Health Centre is a psychology, health and wellness organisation which empowers people to strive for and maintain optimal mental and physical health and wellbeing across the lifespan. Mind Your Health Centre also provides careers guidance and psychological consultation and support for workplaces.
Mind Your Health Centre offers on the spot rebatable health services through Medicare and major private health funds. Mind Your Health Centre accepts private funding and third party funding services including WorkSafe, Comcare, Transport Accident Commission (TAC).
Meet The Team
Director / Psychologist.
BSc(Psych/Psychophysiology). BA(Hons). MPsych(Health).
Breeanna's experience has seen her in many roles including as a treatingpractitioner in local private practice supporting those with a mental health condition and in not for profit organisations focussing on supporting those with a physical disability.
Her approach to psychological treatment is holistic, warm, empathetic and most importantly evidence based. Breeanna provides psychological treatment across the lifespan, seeing children, adolescents and adults. Breeanna's specialist treatment areas include
- Health/biological psychology
- Mood disorders including depression
- Anxiety disorders including panic and performance anxiety
- Eating disorders, body image issues and weight management
- Ante and post-natal depression
- Relationship, carer and parenting challenges
- Stress management
- Post traumatic stress
- Work related harassment and bullying
- Adjustment to life changes and disability
- Chronic health conditions and pain management
- Grief and loss
- Injury rehabilitation
- Positive psychology, motivation and performance coaching
Breeanna has also held multiple leadership positions in corporate health and wellness. She continues to perform this work whilst supporting people as a individual treating practitioner. She is skilled in providing the following corporate health and wellbeing services:
- Independent medico-legal psychological assessment
- Injury prevention, psychological risk management and wellbeing consulting
- Corporate and executive coaching
- Employee assistance program counselling
- Seminar, training and group facilitation
- Workplace mediation services
- Injury rehabilitation and careers counselling
- Critical incident debriefing
- Vocational re-direction advice
- Registered Psychologist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Registered with Medicare, Major Private Health Funds, and Other Third Party Funders
Breeanna is invested in supporting the mental health needs of her local community. In her down time, Breeanna enjoys spending time with family and friends, travelling, drinking a good Melbourne coffee, reading interesting and empowering autobiographies, updating her knowledge about the mind and body connection and exercising daily. Breeanna is also a fun and energetic mum.